At Twisting Tales Magazine, you will find practical and interesting information about different textile crafts: knitting, spinning, weaving, sewing and dyeing. More knowledge about a certain subject enhances your enjoyment in it. We’re here to inspire you and challenge you to try new things.
The fourth issue of Twisting Tales Magazine is now available.
The magazine contains 100 pages of stories, experiments, practical information and craft history, including:
- Successfully avoiding a swatch
- Spinning nettle fibre
- Overdyeing yarn
- History of the sewing machine
- Designing your own charts
Sign up to our newsletter to stay in the loop about what’s happening at Twisting Tales Headquarters.
Check out the contents of the fourth edition.
We regularly publish new blog posts, sometimes containing fun experiments, sometimes containing useful information. By writing blogs about the basics of craft, we’re building a database where you can find explanations and tutorials for anything you may not understand when it comes to textile crafts.
- Sewing a basic project bagIf you’re a knitter, crocheter or you do other portable crafts, you can never have too many project bags! In this blog post, we will explain how to make a simple zippered project bag with a lining, but the shape can be used for many other types of bags.
- Basic yarn qualitiesAre you curious why some yarn makes clearer cables than other yarn? Read our blog about basic yarn qualities and different constructions.